15 Ways to Turn Your Snow Day Into A Spa Day April 25, 2015 09:45
Many of my Kandy Girls on the East Coast are expecting snow today & tomorrow. Enjoy your time inside. Here are 15 ways to turn your snow day into a spa day.
1. Give yourself a mask to brighten your skin.
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Apply to your cleansed face and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with tepid water followed by a cool (not cold) rinse. This mask can be done twice a week. "This mask heals, exfoliates, brightens and moisturizes skin. It refines pores, fades acne marks and prevents blemishes from coming up
2. Put on your favorite face mask. If you need to whip one of these up all you need is an avocado and honey and for a great moisturizing, anti-aging mask.
4. Polish your toes.
5. Do a steam facial. (Great time to pull out those essential oils.)
6. Pull out that fancy (expensive) multi-step cleansing-toning-moisturizing system you otherwise never have time for and complete all the steps.
7. Whiten your teeth.
8. Read a book.
9. Give yourself a body treatment using a sugar scrub.
10. Put on your favorite plush robe and stay in it all DAY!
11. Drink some hot tea or cucumber water to hydrate.
12. Make yourself a homeopathic sock wrap.
- 4 cups rice
- 5–7 drops essential oil
- Knee-high sock
Fill the sock about 3/4 of the way full with rice. Add the essential oils directly on the rice. (I like lavender, thieves or peppermint, depending on what you are using the sock for. Tie up the end of the sock. Keep in the freezer for a cold pack or heat in the microwave for about 1 minute for a hot pack.
13. Shave your legs.
14. Color your hair.
15. Take a NAP